Tuesday 26 November 2013

A solution to the baby’s bottle addiction?


http://www.bickiepegs.co.uk
 

I love this cup. I wish I had known about it earlier. As soon as I gave the cup to my son he was able to drink out of independently. Initially a very little spill but within 5 minutes he had mastered it! The unique style of the cup means that the child can actually see how much he needs to tip the cup as he can see the fluid level coming towards him.

As soon as you start weaning you can use these cups – about 6 months. It helps to protect against dental decay as unlike the bottle the fluid does not stay for long periods of time in the mouth. It can be used for milk and water. The action of sipping from the cup strengthens the muscles of the mouth helping them to develop for chewing and talking.

The cups come in a variety of different colours. They can be washed in the dishwasher top rack. I have even heard that some mothers have skipped the bottle stage all together and have gone from breast feeding to cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment